Sunday, March 29, 2015

Igbos attacked on Twitter for supporting Goodluck Jonathan

No comments :

Some tweeters launched attacks on Igbos for supporting Goodluck Jonathan's bid for a second term at the polls. Early reports indicate that Jonathan is winning in the Southeast and South-south states. Following this, some people spewed vitriol at Igbo people:
Statements like this were not uncommon:

Igbo pple have lost their senses since Biafra war, so I Dnt waste my time arguing with em

All dis igbo pple na God go punish u APC all d way

You must be Sick! If you were expecting Igbo's to vote , They re slaves to both money and Man. U shuldnt be Suprised.

Igbo people are gonna rant here and there and still end up losing. You don't have a say in Nigerian Govt. Deal with that

This anti Igbo tweets really need to stop, it is now borderline hatred.

I know a large number of Igbo and many are my friends, who voted the APC. Talking down on the Igbo on twitter is highly condemnable.

I am Igbo, I voted Buhari. Anyone who is cursing Igbo people for how they voted rather than focusing on individuals, I wish you misery.

In the end, these lines that divide us are not birth marks. They are taught.


No comments :

Post a Comment