Thursday, March 26, 2015

Terry signs new deal

No comments :



Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that John Terry has signed a new contract, extending his stay until the end of the 2015/16 campaign.
Since his debut in 1998, the club captain has made 661 appearances, scoring a club record 63 goals for a defender. His man-of-the-match display in the Capital One Cup final on 1 March brought his 13th major honour with the Blues, a third League Cup win added to the Champions League, Europa League and three Premier League titles, with Terry also boasting five FA Cup winner’s medals.
Terry, who is pictured with Chairman Bruce Buck and Technical Director Michael Emenalo, said: ‘I'm delighted to have signed an extension to my contract with Chelsea.
‘After adding another major trophy to my collection this month I hope myself, the players and manager can continue to bring success to our club.
‘Playing for this great club makes me so proud. And as always I would like to thank the fans who have continually supported me.’


Jose Mourinho added: ‘This new contract is not to say “thank you very much”; it is because John continues to perform. He is a top defender. I am happy that he completely deserves this new contract after a season where he has already played 40 matches.’  
Added to the extensive list of silverware he has lifted, Terry has also celebrated major individual awards, having been voted the PFA Player of the Year in 2005 and appearing in five consecutive FIFPro World XI teams. He has won the Chelsea Player of the Year award twice, and has captained the club in the most successful period of our 110-year history.

No comments :

Post a Comment